Buying a Home from a Millennial’s Perspective

 


The house that I grew up in was bought by my ancestors. They bought our house for only rs.500/- in their time. And they used to live in a joint family of more than 50 people, literally. The house had 5 rooms, a huge drawing room, a kitchen where you can cook food for probably more than 100 people at a time, and a backyard just as huge as the kitchen. The same residential property in Surat would cost us crores now.


I used to live in a joint family with my parents, my 4 brothers, and their own families. We enjoyed our time together in the drawing room every night after dinner when everybody gets together at night. And also liked our time with our own children in our rooms. But with every passing time I thought of the future, and how that huge house would still not be enough for me and my children. They will grow up and have their own families, and that house would not be as comfortable as it was back then for everyone. It was a hard decision but I needed a place of my own, luxurious flats in Surat where my children can grow up and start their own families as well, just like my parents and their parents must have done. 

Buying a new apartment in Surat - A millennial’s Perspective

So, I discussed my thoughts with my wife and parents and we decided to move. I and my wife had saved a good amount over time that we could have used for the deposit of our new house. We have 2 children, both girls. So, we decided to buy 2 BHK apartments in Surat


We started the hunt of finding our new apartment. We kept looking for a perfect place that falls under our budget and also meets our needs and wants. We met brokers who would show us apartments in the best residential area in Surat every third day. We saw many houses, flats, and even bungalows, but none would fit all three aspects - our needs, wants, and budget. 

We needed an apartment that would be located in a prime location in Surat. It needed to be facilitated with advanced technologies to keep up with the growing world. Our 2 BHK apartment had to be spacious and luxurious. It should be designed in a way that provides good ventilation and ample natural light in the entire house. 

We wanted to buy our apartment in a residential project in Surat that provides us the property with various other amenities. I and my wife go out for a walk every morning, so we wanted the project to have a running track. My kids go out to play in the garden every evening with their friends, so we wanted a garden or a play area for our kids in the project so we don’t have to be worried about them going outside. I and my wife are total extroverts, so we hang out with our friends probably every day. So, we wanted a place where we can have a fun time with our friends, maybe a clubhouse with some indoor games in it. 

The location of the apartment had to be near where me and my wife I both work. So that we don’t have to face the traffic problems every day. We checked many apartments near our office location, but it is a very commercial place. So, it doesn’t have many basic needs around, like grocery stores, vegetable markets, malls, etc. So we looked out for places only a little far away from the office. So that we can reach our office hassle free and also get all the necessities nearby. 

The Budget that we decided on always seemed a little less when we used to like some place. So, we had to turn a lot of places down because of the budget. I was suggesting my wife expand our budget a little so that we can settle for an apartment that we both liked, but she refused to say that it could become a burden after a few years as the kids would grow and we would have many other expenses. And I must say, she was not wrong.

And finally one day, our broker called and told us a new project has been launched and we must check out their 2 BHK flats for sale. We agreed and went there early in the morning as we had to go to the office at 10 AM. As soon as we entered the place, we loved it. The apartment had full length windows in every room. The kitchen and the bathrooms were also spacious. The balcony with a garden view, where we could sit for our evening coffee! Yes, we could imagine ourselves living there. My wife would tell me where the sofa set can be placed, what colors we can go for the house and whatnot! 

The next day we took our parents and kids to the place and they loved it too. My children started picking their room and immediately went playing in the clubhouse. We knew it was it. 


We knew these 2 BHK Luxurious flats were where we wanted our kids to grow up. So, we immediately met the project manager and confirmed an apartment.

I remember on the Dhanteras of 2021, we gave our first deposit for the house and booked it under my wife’s name. The Sangini group offered us a pre-loan facility so we didn’t have to do much to get the loan. We booked the apartment on the dhanteras last year and did our ‘Griha-Pravesh' on new year’s day according to the Hindu calendar of this year. 

We had many troubles finding the right place. We roamed around the city for more than 4 months. But this home was all worth the effort.



Read More Blogs: How to Set a Budget For a New Home?





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 Bhk in jahagirpura Luxurious apartments

10 Secrets to Transforming Your 2 BHK Flat into a Luxurious Haven